How to make Iced Coffee?
Unless you are among the lucky few, we can all admit that morning is not the best part of the day. And most of us need to kickstart our day.
So, we are going to look at the easiest method of making iced coffee – caffeinated or decaffeinated. After all, who wants to work hard first thing in the morning? Not me! Alright! Time to go get ready for your daily dose of iced coffee!
Iced Coffee Recipe
What you’re going to need to make Iced Coffee:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coffee, at room temperature (or hot, if you don’t mind) - caffeinated or decaffeinated
- 2 tablespoons half and half, or milk
Instructions on how to make Iced Coffee:
- You will need to brew your coffee (decaf or regular). The ideal way is to brew it the night before. Then leave it out, so that it can reach room temperature by the morning. Your cup of coffee is ready. (You can go to sleep now).
Pro Tip: If you don’t mind pouring hot coffee over ice, you can brew it fresh in the morning.
- The next step is to make the simple syrup. For that, you will need to combine sugar in one cup of water. Use a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- Stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- When it’s time to serve, take it out and serve over ice. You can serve it with half and half or milk for additional taste (half and half is simply equal parts milk and cream).