Unless you are among the lucky few, we can all admit that morning is not the best part of the day. And most of us need to kickstart our day. Well, technically, ourselves for the day.
And what better way to start your day than with a delicious cup of iced coffee? A little caffeine in the system can surely give you the right frame of mind. However, a little problem rises, who is going to make that coffee?
Well, you are!
Instead of spending a fortune buying your coffee every day, you should stick to making it at home. It is much cheaper. And no, it’s not even hard to make.
So, we are going to look at the easiest method of making iced coffee – caffeinated or decaffeinated. After all, who wants to work hard first thing in the morning? Not me!
Alright! Time to go get ready for your daily dose of caffeine!
What you’re going to need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coffee, at room temperature (or hot, if you don’t mind) - caffeinated or decaffeinated
- 2 tablespoons half and half, or milk
What you need to do:
- You will need to brew your coffee. The ideal way is to brew it the night before. Then leave it out, so that it can reach room temperature by the morning. Your cup of coffee is ready. (You can go to sleep now).
If you don’t mind pouring hot coffee over ice, you can brew it fresh in the morning.
- The next step is to make the simple syrup. For that, you will need to combine sugar in one cup of water. Use a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- Stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- When it’s time to serve, take it out and serve over ice. You can serve it with half and half or milk for additional taste (half and half is simply equal parts milk and cream).
And just like that, your iced coffee is ready! You save the money, and possibly the day too, cause you are about to raise your spirits real high!