How to make Bailey’s Coffee?
How would you like a refreshing cup of coffee with an Irish twist? Yes, I am talking about Bailey’s Coffee. You would not believe how simple and easy it is to make Bailey’s coffee at home.
Three ingredients and you’re all set! Could it be any easier?
This classic coffee beverage is made with coffee or espresso and Bailey’s Irish Cream, a little bit of whipped cream and it’s simply majestic.
It is a perfect mix: strong freshly brewed coffee; a dash of Bailey’s Irish Cream; and smooth, velvety whipped cream.
This coffee can be a charm of a weekend brunch or even any morning you decide to treat yourself!
Back in the 1940s, a group of passengers had returned from a flight that had failed to reach New York. Disappointed in the nasty winter weather and the delay in their schedule, they asked Joe Sheridan for something that would refresh them.
And that is when Joe came up with this invention.
He mixed coffee with Irish whiskey and topped it with sweet, whipped cream. This concoction was a huge success with the passengers. Soon, it came to be called Irish Coffee.
Slowly, this drink began to become quite popular throughout Ireland. Then, in the 1950s, a travel writer requested an Irish coffee at a coffee shop in San Francisco. And this is how this magic concoction was introduced to the United States.
Now, how do you brew this magic potion at home? Let’s take a look.
What you need
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 jigger (1.5 fluid ounce) Irish Cream liqueur
- Pour hot brewed coffee into a mug. Stir in Irish cream
- Top this with whipped cream and serve.
Viola! How easy that is!
Tips to make Bailey’s Irish Coffee
Here are some secrets to make a perfect Bailey’s Irish Coffee:
- Since coffee is the major contributor, make sure it’s fresh and strong when you brew it. However, if you’re not a fan of strongly brewed coffee, you’re not gonna be a fan of this either.
- Warm up your mug before adding the coffee. Irish coffee is a hot drink, and it helps when you pour it into a warm mug. To do that, just fill the mug with hot water while you are preparing your coffee.
- If you wish for an extra flavor, top your Bailey’s Irish Coffee with fresh cinnamon or nutmeg. This will melt into the cream and the coffee, giving it a rich flavor.
- Even more so, you can add shaved chocolate over the whipped cream.
Make your own Whipped Cream
Irish coffee calls for whipped cream. And you can make it right at home.
Just add a tablespoon of sugar to a cold mixing bowl. Add one cup of heavy whipping cream. With an electric mixer on high, whip the cream until it thickens and forms peaks.
However, do note that the original Irish coffee calls for a lightly whipped cream. If you like to pile cream high, you should whip to still peaks.
If you like lightly whipped cream but you see stiff peaks in your cream, add in a little cream and fold gently.
And just like that, get your daily dose of caffeine with a twist!