Today, we’re going to ask the question:
What are the benefits of drinking decaffeinated coffee?
So here is our quick roundup of the benefits of drink decaf coffee:
- Less anxiety/stress and better quality of sleep than drinking classic caffeinated coffee. In contrast, if you drink regular coffee, the level of caffeine in your blood peaks about one hour later and stays at this level for several hours for most people. Six hours after caffeine is consumed, half of it is still in your body and it can take up to 10 hours to completely clear caffeine from your bloodstream. So, switch to decaf in the afternoon for a better quality sleep!
- There’s almost no caffeine in decaffeinated coffee! For example, Swiss Water Decaf is certified 99.9% caffeine free, so is ideal for pregnant or breastfeeding women who still want to enjoy the taste of great coffee without the dangers of caffeine.
- Decaf coffee still contains high levels of anti-oxidants that can prevent conditions associated with the aging process and cancer. Studies have shown that regular decaf drinkers have reduced risks of incurring colon cancer and breast cancer. Indeed, studies have shown that women who drink one to three cups of decaf decrease all-cause mortality.
- Decaf coffee reduces the risk of incurring diabetes. The high antioxidant levels of decaf will protect the cells from damage that can lead to diabetes.
- Which brings us to antioxidants such as chlorogenic acid - the decaf process does not eliminate chlorogenic acid, so decaf coffee is full of healthy antioxidants, which helps regulate blood glucose levels.
- Caffeine has been linked to heart conditions like irregular palpitations, heart attacks, and strokes, so decaffeinated coffee is a good way to still drink coffee, but without the possible health risks from caffeine.
- Coffee contributes to the prevention of mental decline due to old age and Alzheimer's disease – whether caffeinated or decaffeinated. The polyphenols found in coffee beans are not lost during the decaffeination process - and are responsible for boosting the brain's cognitive abilities and improving memory.
- Black decaf coffee is a fat free and sugar free beverage. Obvious but true!
- Decaffeinated coffee is a great source of hydration. The old myth that coffee is a diuretic has been proven wrong by scientists.
Here at Decadent Decaf, we recommend the Swiss Water Process of decaffeination, which uses water (no chemicals) to decaffeinate the coffee beans and is 99.9% caffeine free.
To find out more about Decadent Decaf, please visit decadentdecaf or check out our youtube channel for more videos on decaf, caffeine and coffee topics.